No products in the cart.
What is collagen?
Collagen is an important type of protein that contributes to building many tissues in humans. It is the most abundant type in the body when compared to other types of proteins.
Collagen contributes to the formation of various important tissues such as ligaments,tendons and skin muscles and bones, It also contributes in smaller proportions to the composition of such as: blood vessels and teeth;
types of collagen
There are 16 different types of collagen, But most of it consists of these types:
- Collagen type I: It makes up 90% of the body’s collagen. and enters into the composition of various parts, Such as: the skin, And thebones, and ligaments.
- Collagen type II: It consists of slightly soft fibres, It is usually found in elastic cartilage.
- Collagen type III: enters into muscle building, It also enters the composition of the various organs of the body and arteries.
The importance of collagen:
Collagen plays an important role, It helps:
- Giving the different tissues of the body strength and flexibility that suit the structure and function of each.
- Give the bones their hardness and give the skin its freshness and suppleness.
- Givingthe cartilageits flexibility, which helps the joints connectedto it to move.
But when there is any decrease in the levels of collagen in the body for one reason or another, This negatively affects the body in general. It may lead to:
- Theappearance of wrinkles.
- Digestive problems due to the thinning of the inner lining of the alimentary canal.
- Weakness of the muscles of the body.
- Lack of muscle mass.
- Spasm and stiffness in the ligaments and tendons of the body.
- Painscattered in thejoints.
- Osteoarthritis and cartilage damage