Dark circles are common in women and men and are often accompanied by puffiness under the eyes and are not a cause for concern, But it may indicate the need to change some habits in our daily lives, such as sleeping habits and diet.
It is the appearance of the skin in the area under the eyes in a dark blue or blackish color, As a result of thinning of the skin in this area or the expansion of blood vessels and their appearance clearly in a dark color.
Causes of dark circles under the eyes:
Here we will mention some of the reasons that may lead to the appearance of dark circles under the eyes:
- Staying up late and not getting enough sleep is one of the main causes of dark under eyes.
- Allergies and the accompanying constant rubbing of the eyes may cause the appearance of circles and puffiness under the eyes.
- Skin pigmentation caused by excessive exposure to sunlight also causes the appearance of dark circles.
- Iron deficiency anemia significantly affects and leads to the appearance of dark circles.
- Smoking causes fluid retention in the blood vessels and puffiness under the eyes.
- Dehydration caused by a lack of fluids, which makes the skin under the eyes look dull.
- Heredity, as blackness under the eyes can be a hereditary condition that is passed down through generations.
- Aging causes dark circles and puffiness under the eyes as the skin loses collagen and becomes thinner.
- Thyroid diseases may cause dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
Treatment of dark circles under the eyes:
The treatment of blackness under the eyes depends on knowing the main cause of its appearance. We will mention some of the methods used to control dark circles Reducing puffiness around the eyes:
- Take enough sleep and use more than one pillow to raise the head during sleep to prevent fluid accumulation under the eyes and reduce puffiness.
- Follow a healthy diet rich in vitamins, iron, and omega 3, and reduce the intake of salt and stimulants.
- Drink enough water daily so that the skin maintains its freshness and vitality.
- to avoid Constant exposure to the sun and the use of appropriate sunglasses and sunscreens.
- The use of creams containing beeswax, Bee’s honey, Cucumber oil and rose oil, which work powerfully in getting rid of dark circles under the eyes.
- The use of creams containing collagen that increase the freshness of the skin and tighten the skin under the eyes, as the lack of collagen is the most important cause of puffiness and sagging skin under the eyes.
- The use of skin whitening creams that contain mainly vitamin C and E, which have an important role as bleaching and anti-aging of the skin.
- Undergoing an eyelid plastic surgery to tighten the accumulated skin around the eyes, which increases the appearance of darkening under the eyes.
- laser: It is one of the effective treatments for dark circles, which works to tighten the skin and stimulate the natural mechanisms in it to produce collagen so that the skin regains its freshness and vitality.