oil fish count One of the most popular nutritional supplements, If you don’t eat a lot of oily fish, it may help fish oil supplements In getting enough omega-3 fatty acids.
Learn about fish oil and its health benefits in the following:
What is fish oil?
It is the fat or oil extracted from the tissues of oily fish, Such as: Herring, tuna fish, and anchovies, mackerel, However, it is sometimes produced from the liver of other fish. The same is the case with cod liver oil.
It is recommended to eat fish once or twice a week. This is because the omega-3 fatty acids in fish provide many health benefits. including protection against a large number of diseases, In addition to the richness of fish oil in omega-3, it contains some vitamins, Such as: Vitamin A, And vitamin D.
If you’re one of those people who don’t eat that much fish, fish oil supplements can help you get enough Omega 3 .
It should be noted that the types of omega-3 found in fish oil have greater health benefits than the omega-3 found in some plant sources.
Fish oil benefits
Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very important for your health, which brings you many benefits, They include the following:
1. Benefits heart health
indicate Studies However, people who eat a lot of fish or fish oil have significantly lower rates of heart disease , due to the decrease in the multiple risk factors that cause heart disease.
Here are the benefits of fish oil for heart health:
- It can increase levels of good cholesterol, But there is no evidence that it reduces levels of bad cholesterol.
- It can reduce triglycerides by about 15-30%.
- Helps reduce blood pressure In people with elevated levels.
- Reduces fatal arrhythmias in people at risk, Which can cause heart attacks in some cases.
- Improves heart health after a heart attack, as indicated by one Studies However, there is no clear evidence that it can prevent heart attacks or strokes.
2. Helps to lose weight
proved study The ability of fish oil supplements in Weight Loss By reducing fat, improve metabolism, Heart health is improved when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
I showed study The role of fish oil supplementation in stimulating fatty acid consumption for energy production in adults when combined with exercise and bodybuilding.
Depends the eyes It contains omega-3 fats, as people who do not get enough omega-3s have a higher risk of eye disease. Furthermore, eye health begins to decline with age, which can lead to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Sorry, the video player could not load the file. (Error code: 100013)
indicated study The ability of omega-3 found in fish oil to help slow the progression of advanced macular degeneration.
4. Helps treat some mental disorders
Your brain is made up of about 60% fat. Many of these fats are omega-3 fatty acids. Therefore omega-3 is essential for normal brain function.
It is interesting to indicate Research suggests that fish oil supplementation rich in omega-3s can reduce the cognitive impairment associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
and found study Another finding that adults who took fish oil experienced cognitive decline, And atrophy in brain tissue at a lower rate than others, even if they were not injured Alzheimer’s disease .
Inflammation is the immune system’s way of fighting infection and treating injuries.
Fish oil has powerful anti-inflammatory effects. It can help reduce symptoms of inflammatory diseases, especially rheumatoid arthritis.
where shown study Omega-3 supplements work just like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in reducing osteoarthritis pain. It is safer when used long term.
Your skin is the largest organ in the body. It contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, Therefore, fish oil helps to nourish the skin with lipids and fat-soluble vitamins.
point one Studies The ability of the fatty acids in fish oil to protect the skin from wrinkles and a host of other skin diseases. Such as: Dermatitis, wound inflammation, And skin cancer , allergic reactions.
as indicated study Another point to the importance of fish oil in protecting the skin from infections caused by the sun. It relieves the resulting sunburn.
Disadvantages of taking fish oil
Here are some of the caveats associated with taking fish oil supplements:
- Fish oil may cause some side effects. Such as: burping, bad breath, heartburn, nausea, diarrhea, rash, If any of the above signs appear, consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid taking fish oil if you have fish allergy or oysters.
- Avoid taking fish oil if you have blood thinners or are taking diuretics. Because this increases the risk of bleeding.
- Avoid taking fish oil supplements by people with type 2 diabetes; Because it increases sugar levels during the fasting period.