Having thick, healthy and problem-free hair is a requirement of every human being. Because healthy hair adds beauty to the appearance and enhances one’s self-confidence.
As a result of the hair being exposed to many factors that lead to its loss and lack of growth, and the formation of voids in the scalp or beard; Many people seek an effective treatment that helps rid them of the specter of baldness and hair loss. It stops excessive hair loss and stimulates hair growth again
Here emerges the role of minoxidil preparations as a treatment for this problem, As there is no talk about the treatment of hair loss except that the minoxidil product has the largest share, due to its remarkable effectiveness. And the great confidence of doctors in it to treat hair defects and problems.
What is the treatment for minoxidil?
Minoxidil treats hair loss and stimulates hair growth in cases of hair thinning or the gradual loss of scalp hair. It increases hair density and contributes to filling beard spaces. It also has a vasodilating effect, This improves blood flow to the hair follicles and enhances the delivery of nutrients to the hair follicles.
The product is available in the form of a liquid or spray for external use on the hair with two different concentrations 2% and 5%
Minoxidil is not recommended for use in the following cases
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding a child from one day to six months old, as there is a risk to the child.
- The presence of infections in the scalp.
- If you have heart problems, or high blood pressure.
- If you have had an allergic reaction to the active ingredients of minoxidil as an allergic reaction to any other medicine.
The secret behind the popularity of minoxidil:
Minoxidil is for external use only. Its cost is also lower compared to other medicines and methods of treating hair loss. In addition to the above, minoxidil is used alone and does not need any complementary treatments with it; Which makes it the first and best choice for those who suffer from hair loss problem.
- Although the side effects of minoxidil or the medicines it contains as an active substance are almost rare and do not occur in the vast majority of minoxidil users, But it must be taken into account before using minoxidil.
Irritation, redness and the appearance of a slight crust on the scalp.
- Unwanted excess hair growth in some women, especially on the face and sensitive areas, It may increase with the duration of its use. Therefore, it is not recommended to use minoxidil for women with a concentration higher than 2%, As for men, minoxidil can be used at a concentration of 2% or 5%, depending on the disease.
- Minoxidil leads to high blood pressure, so patients with high blood pressure are not advised to use this medicine except after consulting a doctor and adhering to the prescribed dosage.
Tips for using minoxidil
- Minoxidil is not a permanent treatment for hair loss. It only lasts for the duration of its use. This creates the possibility of hair loss coming back after stopping.
- If you do not notice a visible result after four months, you should tell the doctor, Minoxidil may not be effective for you.
- It treats genetic hair loss only. It does not cure temporary hair loss. Because of pregnancy or the side effects of prescription medications.
- Minoxidil treats hair loss in the upper part of the scalp only.
- Minoxidil is safe to use on color-treated hair. However, it is not recommended to use it immediately after dyeing to avoid irritating the scalp.
- Do not stop using minoxidil suddenly, To avoid new hair falling out after several months.
- Women should use 2% minoxidil. To avoid the appearance of hair in unwanted places.
- Avoid using more amounts than required as this will not improve or speed up the process of stimulating hair growth
- If you miss a dose, do not double the amount to make up for it.